Friday, January 28, 2011

I officially have my PhD......

I am so proud to announce that I defended and passed my final oral dissertation defense and yes I officially have my PhD. Words cannot describe this feeling. I am so overwhelmed with joy and happy for my success, but I think I would trade it in in a heartbeat to hear my father say congratulations. He passed away 2 years ago and so my educational journey ended without him. I believe that where ever he is, he is truly proud of me for completing this monumental feat despite all the storms and obstacles and heartaches I had to endure. I am truly going to reach for the stars once in Paris and I owe it to my father to excel in everything I do from now till forever. I am not sure if I feel different yet, but I am definitely looking forward to Paris and pursuing my love for fashion through the prism of minimalism.....

No comments: